Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
POSTPONED: The Australian's Global Food Forum 2020
An important message from The Australian.
In response to the growing concerns expressed by attendees and speakers about the risks of COVID-19, we have made the decision to reschedule The Global Food Forum, which was to take place in Melbourne on March 25.
Attendees will receive further communication once a new date later in the year has been confirmed. Tickets already purchased will be valid for the rescheduled Forum or will be refunded in full, at the attendee's discretion.
The Australian, VISY and the Pratt Foundation remain fully committed to the Global Food Forum, but we recognise our responsibility to prioritise the health and safety of our guests, speakers and staff.
To advise us of your decision about your ticket, or if you have any other questions, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Food Forum is returning on March 25, 2020 at Crown Melbourne.
The future of food: Amidst a backdrop of bushfires, water wars and the transition to a low carbon economy, how will robotics, plant-based superfoods and the paddock to plate phenomenon change Australian agriculture?
Registration and refreshments: from 8am
Conference: 9am - 4.30pm
Networking drinks: 4:30pm to 5.30pm
Venue: Palladium at Crown, Level 1, Crown Towers, Crown Melbourne, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank
- Mark Allison, Managing Director, and CEO, Elders
- Steven Cain, CEO, Coles
- Kristy Carr, Founder and Executive Director, Bubs Australia
- Anthony di Pietro, CEO, LaManna Premier Group
- Marc Drouin, Managing Director and Head of Natural Resources, PSP Investments
- Michael Every, Head of Financial Markets Research, Rabobank
- David Farley, Executive Chairman, Matrix Commodities
- Nick Halla, Senior Vice President International, Impossible Foods
- Barry Irvin, Executive Chairman, Bega Cheese
- Thomas King, CEO, Food Frontier
- Sandra Martinez, CEO, Nestle Oceania
- Rob McGavin, Co-founder, CEO and Executive Chairman, Boundary Bend Limited
- Don Meij, CEO, Dominos Pizza
- Elizabeth O'Leary, Head of Agriculture, Macquarie Group
- Anthony Pratt, Executive Chairman, Visy Industries
- Hussein Rifai, Executive Chairman, Perpetuity Capital
- Fiona Simson, President, National Farmers' Federation
- Jason Strong, Managing Director, Meat and Livestock Australia
- Mark van Dyck, Regional Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Compass Group
- Matthew Warnken, Manageing Director, Agriprove and Corporate Carbon
- Alison Watkins, Group Managing Director, Coca-Cola Amatail
- Professor Jonathan West, former Harvard Professor of Change
- David Williams, Managing Director, Kidder Williams
- Mark Wootton, Principal and Manager, Jigsaw Farms
- George Zoghbi, Director, Kraft Heinz Company (Global)
- Full day conference theatre style
- Refreshments on arrival at registration and morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided
- You will receive a complimentary 12 month digital subscription to The Australian when you arrive at the Global Food Forum on March 25. Instructions to redeem will be in your gift bag.
WHO ATTENDS THE GLOBAL FOOD FORUM:
Over the past seven years The Australian's Global Food Forum has attracted a very diverse audience comprising of food producers, farmers, retailers, agribusiness financiers and investors, academics, researchers, food safety and technology experts, industry consultants and restaurateurs.
LUNCH ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS:
Tailor the conference to your needs.
Over lunch, Global Food Forum attendees can take part in industry roundtable discussions. The off-the-record discussions on intimate tables of 10 will be led by featured industry speakers and leaders, and will cover a range of critical issues within the agribusiness sector. Details will be released in February and you will be notified via email of when these bookings open. Tables are free to join if you are a conference attendee, however seats are limited and they do fill fast. Early selection is recommended.
If you are not joining a table discussion, lunch will be served in the main breakout area.
How can I get a Tax Invoice for my business?
A tax invoice will be attached to your booking confirmation which you will recieve via email after the booking is finalised.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, your name tag will be waiting for you at registration.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, however where possible please ensure that any changes of guest name are made in your booking in Eventbrite or advised in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org