Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Webinar: Discovering the Indian agtech story, part 4
Join this webinar, the fourth in a series of five on India’s agtech sector and gain an insight into the dynamic disruption of the conventional agriculture value chain.
Hear from Mr Prashanth Patil, founder of organic farming start-up venture Mera Kisan (My Farmer), on his experience in launching an online marketing business in 2014 for agri produce and organic farming in India. Today Mera Kisan is partly owned by the world’s largest tractor manufacturer, the Mahindra Group.
The webinar will cover:
- organic farming as a business in India – opportunities and challenges
- experience in launching an agriculture start-up in India – policy, incentives and support of the Indian government towards the growth of the sector
- insights into the in-house development of IT tool on traceability and supply chain management for organic produce in India
- opportunities for Australian agtech stakeholders in India from an Australian perspective.
Who should attend:
- Australian agtech companies
- Australian incubators and accelerators
- Australian VC funds
- Australian tech start-up mentors
- Mr Prashanth Patil – Director, Mera Kisan