Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
RECORDINGS - USA Market Trends Series
- Thu 31st Dec 2020
- online event
A virtual series focussed on the US market was conducted in September 2020. The series was designed to provide Tasmanian businesses with an up-to-date understanding of the US market, the current business and trade environment, and emerging trends in the light of COVID-19.
The Department of State Growth partnered with Silicon Valley Forum (SVF) to develop and implement the series. SVF connects people and organisations to the knowledge, networks and companies in Silicon Valley and beyond. Through its connections with Chambers of Commerce, government, corporates and industry, SVF has access to a vast network of expertise in the US and uses this to support businesses to build and scale up. It has coordinated industry insights programs for government entities including Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan and the EU.
All sessions were moderated by Nick Sramek, SVF’s Director International Relations.
If you missed an episode in its “live” format, don’t worry, you can view at your own convenience via the links provided below.
Session 1 – Market Overview and State of Affairs
- Chris Oldfield, former Consul General and Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner, Austrade
- Mark Chandler, Director, International Trade & Commerce, San Francisco Mayor’s Office
- Emily Minson, Head of North America, Lunik
Session 2 – Focus on Food and Beverages: Market Entry and Distribution
- Giovanni Montanelli, President and Founder of VentiQuattro Food Consulting
- Peter Johnston, Vice President, Epic Wines and Spirits
Session 3 - e-commerce and COVID-19
- Anica John, Product Manager, Walmart eCommerce
- Luke Aitken, Head of Government Relations and Policy, Australia, eBay
- Michael Southworth, CEO, Elemerce
- Case Study - Smitten Merino
Session 4 – Tech and Innovation Trends in 2020
- Brett Davies, Head of North American Supply Operations, Cornershop
- Elias Chavarria, Engineer and Joint Venture Committee Advisor, Cisco Systems